Days before the Diwali festival my mom used to start preparing traditional delicious sweets and savories and we as kids used to enjoy them. Diwali is a festival which has a custom of exchanging sweets and savories that are especially made at home.
This weekend I made Dry Nuts Ladoo which is very easy to make as well as tastes delicious. These ladoo’s are not only delicious but also highly nutritious. When I was kid my mom used to prepare them quiet regularly.
To prepare these ladoo’s I used dry Nuts like cashews, almonds, walnuts, peanuts and used jaggery instead of sugar as jaggery is rich in iron.
Almonds – ½ cup
Cashews – ½ cup
Walnuts – ½ cup
Peanuts – 1 cup
Jaggery – ½ cup – ¾ cup based on the sweetness
- In a pan take peanuts and fry them for 3-4 mins, cool them and remove they skin and keep aside.
- Dry roast almonds in a pan with ¼ tsp of ghee and let them cool
- Dry roast cashews in a pan with ¼ tsp of ghee and let them cool
- Dry roast walnuts in a pan with ¼ tsp of ghee and let them cool
- Once all the nuts are cooled
- Take grated jaggery, almonds, cashews, walnuts and grind them into smooth mixture.
- This smooth mixture becomes little oily which help to make ladoo shape.
- If you think ladoo is not forming proper round shape add little ghee and press hard to form a ladoo.
- Store them in air tight container. Enjoy!!!